For Immediate Release
September 11, 2019
Livingston, New Jersey: First, we would like to inform you that the Asian American Coalition for Education (AACE) has been consistently making history in our fight against anti-Asian discrimination in college admissions and K-12 education. Over the last 12 months, the AACE has proudly achieved the following accomplishments:
- We joined a lawsuit against New York Mayor de Blasio to oppose his unlawful changes to the admissions system of the city’s Specialized High Schools and continue to monitor the city’s educational policies;
- We united 270 Asian-American organizations nationwide and jointly filed an amicus brief in support SFFA’s lawsuit against Harvard University.
- We pushed for the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR) to launch an investigation into illegal racial balancing of Montgomery County’s magnet programs;
- We held a successful First National Conference on Equal Education Rights, hosting a dynamic dialogue on this topic among policy makers, scholars, community leaders and journalists;
- We urged the College Board to halt its impetuous expansion of the “Adversity Score” system (the environmental context dashboard), contributing to the subsequent abolishment of such plans.
Our records have proven that AACE is the most effective and impactful civil rights organization, the national leader in fighting for Asian-American children’s equal education rights.
With most of our financial support coming from individual donations, we strictly apply the principle of prudence to all AACE’s operations. Due to increasing activities, we encountered a fiscal deficit in 2018.
Please support our continuous fight for Asian-American children’s equal education rights, by clicking the following link to make a generous, tax deductible donation!
Thank you very much for your valuable support!
Asian American Coalition for Education
Ms. Swann Lee, telephone: (617) 906-6380, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Wenyuan Wu, telephone: (786) 393-8028, email: email@example.com.
About the AACE: www.asianamericanforeducation.org
The Asian American Coalition for Education (AACE) is a non-political, nonprofit, grassroots national organization, the proven leader in fighting for Asian-American children’s equal educational rights. On May 15, 2015, the founders of AACE united 64 Asian-American organizations and jointly filed a civil rights complaint with the Department of Education (DOE) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) to request that they conduct investigations into Harvard University’s discriminatory admissions practices against Asian-American applicants. As the largest joint action taken by Asian-American communities over the last few decades, this complaint is now being investigated by the Justice Department. Over the years, we have advanced the cause of equal education rights for the Asian-American community.