The Asian American Coalition for Education (AACE) is seeking for a qualified and passionate candidate to fill its Director of Administration Position, who manages AACE daily operations to implement its mission— achieve equal education rights for Asian Americans. This position will work under the direct supervision of AACE president to execute the decisions made by the AACE Board.
Title of position: Director of Administration
Position type: Part-time (about 20 hours per week), work from home. Most tasks can be performed with a flexible time schedule. However, in case of a major event, the Director of Administration needs to immediate devote to the required tasks and provide timely response.
Pay range: $25-$40 per hour depends on experience
Description of responsibilities: The Director of Administration will have the following responsibilities:
• Conduct timely research, monitor and analyze relevant educational policy events or issues.
• Draft AACE policy responses and/or press releases in English, preferably translate into Chinese and other Asian languages.
• Perform community outreach activities and expand AACE organizational alliances nationwide, through using emails, phone calls and social media platform.
• Execute fundraising activities such as writing and issuing fundraising letters for individual donors and grand applications for organizational donors.
• Organize events such as seminars, conferences and demonstration
• Updating AACE Website.
• Perform other AACE mission related tasks, including supporting media interviews if suitable (optional)
Required experience: 2-5 years of non-profit organization relevant experience is preferred, but not required.
Required and preferred education and skills:
• Strongly agree with and is willing to support AACE mission.
• College education, preferably with a language, liberal arts or social sciences major.
• Excellent English writing skills.
• Strong research capability through online and other means.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Proven project/event management skills
• Highly motivated and proactive.
• Chinese communication skill is preferred.
• Strong Chinese writing and translation skills is preferred.
• Other Asian language such as Korean and Vietnamese is a plus.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to info@AsianAmericanForEducation.org.
Asian American Coalition for Education is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.